Sasha Banks is a wrestler by profession and is well famous around the globe for her outstanding performances inside the ring. Currently, Sasha Banks is in contract with WWE, while previously, she wrestled mostly on the independent circuits.
Sasha Banks is not only famous for her Flamboyant looks, but also her highly effective wrestling moves. She has a total worth of $5 million in 2023, which is expected to increase within the coming years. The primary source of her income is WWE.
If you are interested to know about Sasha Banks, her personal and professional life, achievements, and net worth, you can continue the reading.
Sasha Banks was born on 26th January 1992 in Fairland, California, USA. The birth name of Sasha Banks is Mercedes Kaestner-Varnado. She has an American nationality and belongs to a mixture of German and African-American descent.
Judith Varnado is her mother, while the name of her father is not known. Sasha Banks was raised in different places, before moving to Boston, Massachusetts. Because her brother is disabled and her family moved from one place to the other, for his health and schooling.
Sasha Banks was not able to attend school. She has completed her education through online classes. While beside this, there is no information available regarding her education.
She was interested in wrestling, since her childhood. She used to watch the ‘All Japan Women’s Pro-Wrestling’atan early age.
Sasha Banks started her career as a female wrestler from Massachusetts-based Chaotic Wrestling. And Ferrari VK was her in-ring name there.
Sasha Banks won the Chaotic Wrestling Women’s Championship in December 2011. Sasha Banks was wrestling in the independent circuits, from 2020 to 2012. She also wrestled for the National Wrestling Alliance and New England Championship Wrestling.
On 18th August 2012, she signed a contract with WWE. And it was the biggest day of her life. Furthermore, she also got her ring name ‘Sasha Banks’ there.
In 2011, Sasha Banks not only debuted in the NXT but also won the NXT Women’s Championship. She remained the champion for 192 days and was then defeated by Bayley. She earned a lot of fame during this period.
Sasha banks joined the RAW on 15th July 2015. Charlotte and Becky Lynch also debuted along with her in this championship. It was one of the biggest revolutions in the WWE Raw.
On 26th July 2017, Sasha Banks won the WWE Woman’s Championship, the first time. The last championship which Sasha Banks won was at Great Balls of Fire, against Alexa Bliss.
Well, these days, she is in a storyline with Bayley. They are wrestling against each other in the ring and also brawl outside the ring. Besides it, both of them are attacked by the Riot Squad, who is drafted I Raw after the Superstar shake-up.
She also won the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view in 2019, along with Bayley.
Sasha Banks is well known all over the world for her performance in the World Wrestling Entertainment, where she performed in NXT and Raw brands. She was succeeded in winning multiple awards and titles there.
Awards and Achievements
She has earned many titles during her wrestling career. She has won many championships, including the Chaotic Wrestling Women’s Championship, RWC No Limitz Championship, the WWE Women’s Championship, NXT Women’s Championship, one time each.
Sasha Banks has also won the WWE Raw Women’s Championship four times. While during 2015, she was the Pro Wrestling Illustrated Women of the year.
Above all, she has been called the most popular wrestler of WWE, just because of her ability to play both heel and babyface characters with great perfection.
Well, if you talk about her personal life, Sasha Banks has married Sarath Ton on 4th August 2016. Sarath Ton works as the costume designer and WWE seamstress.
Sarath Ton is a former wrestler who has performed for the Kid Mikaze, while for now, he is well famous all over the globe for the outfits which he designs.
At her marriage ceremony, only close friends and family members were invited. The couple had a son. They kept their marriage a secret at the start, to avoid the reactions and feedback of the crazy fans of WWE.
Weight, Height, and Age
Sasha Banks is 28 years old, as per her date of birth. Observing her physique, she is 1.65 m or 5 feet 5 inches tall, and her weight is 52 kg.
Sash Banks Net Worth
Along with getting the awards and titles, Sasha Banks has also earned a lot of money. Sasha Banks has a net worth of $5 million till 1st January 2023, including all of her all properties and earnings.
Currently, Sasha Banks is receiving $250,000 from WWE, and it is the primary source of her income and net worth. While, previously she was receiving $18,000, and because of this, she is considered to be the richest and most paid WWE Divas.
Sasha Banks also receives an undisclosed amount of money as bonuses and royalties, for WWE games and different other activities.
Facts about Sash Banks
- During her childhood, she moved a lot for the treatment of her brother, who is a patient with autism.
- She was willing to start her career as a wrestler when she was just ten years old, but her mother was not happy with her decision.
- Sasha Banks used to perform as Mercedes KV when she started her career in an independent circuit.
- She is the first female wrestler who has reign the Chaotic Wrestling Championship for such a long time.
- In 2016, she won her first match with RAW, by defeating Charlotte Flair.
- Maeve Stowe and Brian Milonas are her wrestling trainers.
- The famous singer Snoop Dogg is her cousin, and he has supported her a lot in creating her in-ring persona.
- Sasha Banks was never able to watch her favorite wrestler Eddie Guerrero.
- Sasha Banks won the Tough Enough style challenge in 2008, which helped her to win a full scholarship to the Chaotic Training Center. And more surprisingly, she was the only female trainee in her class.
- Sasha Banks debuted in the WWE video game in 2017, and later on, she appeared in mobiles games, including WWE SuperCard and WWE Mayhem.
- Sasha Banks is a big fan of the famous singer and songwriter Beyonce. Therefore her dressing and other accessories look inspired by Beyonce.
- She is a non-vegetarian, and her hobbies include listening to music and gymming. Her favorite animated series is Sailor Moon.
- Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Akira Hokuto, and Chris Benoit are her favorite wrestlers.
Charity and Foundations
Sasha Banks is an influential art of the WWE partnership with the Special Olympics. As her brother is a patient with autism, it fuels her to make a difference for the cause. Therefore, she supports all the charities sponsored by the WWE, including the Make-A-Wish and Connor’s Cure.
Sasha Banks is a world-renowned American wrestler. She was very fond of wrestling and used to watch the ‘All Japan Women’s Pro-Wrestling’ since childhood.
Sasha Banks started her professional career in 2010. She has achieved many titles and awards to date. She is married to Sarath Ton, who is a former wrestler. The couple had a son.
The net worth of Sasha Banks is $5 million in 2023, which is expected to rise in a couple of years.